Fridays are usually my gear up day on my blog. With two full days off, I am looking into making significant changes to The Treehouse. Friday is also a big day for potential house hunters and open houses are abundant … Continue reading
Every now and then I run out of projects or anything in general to write about. Thank my stars for Sunday Stealing at Blogspot. This is the continuation of the 5000 question meme. I am learning a lot about myself … Continue reading
A few weeks ago, my parents had the immense pleasure of being able to go to California Wine Country, mainly Napa Valley as well as Sonoma. They raved about the natural beauty, the flavors of the wines as well as … Continue reading
I hope everyone had a phenomenal weekend. Mine was filled with showings, family time, and more eating than a girl my size should ever do. My family and I were sitting out on the back deck over the weekend and … Continue reading
All Anchorman jokes aside (by the way, is anyone else excited about the sequel coming this summer?), I really do love this lamp. I had been stalking Goodwill for a few weeks, just waiting on the perfect lamp for the … Continue reading
I am back after three days down at the beach. And yes, it was amazing! I will include a little slide show so you can blog stalk my vacation photos. It’s Thursday, right? Well, as I was getting ready for … Continue reading
I am a blog addict. I subscribe to roughly 10 blogs and check an additional four daily. Yes, I have a serious problem. Now that I have revealed my secret addiction to the world, I really need to get something … Continue reading
BRIEF ANNOUNCEMENT: I closed my first home of the year yesterday. It was a short sale (a realtor’s nightmare and quite a challenge) and after a year of working on it, the buyer’s agent and I were able to finally … Continue reading
Happy Wedding Wednesday, everyone! I am so pleased to introduce my newest addition to the blog: Real Weddings. It has taken a while to get the courage up to ask a few people if it’s alright sharing their weddings on … Continue reading
Every good author gets writer’s block once in a while. Today is one of those days. When I get this problem, I will go to two different blogs for my prompts: Daily Post by WordPress and Sunday Stealing on BlogSpot. This post is brought to you by the 5000 Question Meme on Sunday Stealing.
1. Who are you? Magnificent, OCD, Reliable, Gregarious, Appreciative, Never Takes No for an Answer
2. What are the 3 most important things everyone should know about you? #1: On a bad day, don’t ask me to do anything. Best policy is wait until tomorrow, leave a note for me. It will get done. #2: I will not get rid of my cat. This is a deal breaker for me if you say anything bad about my fur baby. #3: I am like Mr. Darcy. My good opinion once lost is lost forever.
3. When you aren’t memes like this one what are you doing? Blogging, working hard, volunteering, crafting, watching movies, singing karaoke, and sleeping.
4. List your classes in school from the ones you like the most to the ones you like the least (or if you are out of school, think of the classes you did like and didn’t like at the time). My favorite class in school was AP Art. For an hour and a half everyday I got to create whatever my inspiration sent my way. It was amazing. My least favorite class had to be entrepreneurship in college. It was the only class I ever dropped. Why? Because I didn’t learn a thing about running a business; just a bunch of terms that I can’t even remember now. And technically I am running my own business now. Boo-ya!
5. What is your biggest goal for this year? I want to run a half marathon. I have been picking at the idea for the past 2 years. This year I am doing it.
6. Where do you want to be in 5 years? Married to my best friend and love of my life Tim. We will stay here in Rock Hill and I would like to say The Treehouse will be around in 5 years but it’s doubtful.
7. What stage of life are you in right now? The coming into my own years. I am far from having it all figured out but I am learning from my mistakes and rolling with it.
8. Are you more child-like or childish? I have a child-like innocence. I trust people despite my sixth sense telling me otherwise. I am still at that point in my life where I do childish things like cry when I am angry or get catty but I am learning to reign that part of me in.
9. What is the last thing you said out loud? What did you say?
10. What song comes closest to how you feel about your life right now? Hand in My Pocket by Alanis Morisette
11. Have you ever taken martial arts classes? I took karate when I was a kid. Our sensei made us do pushups on crates which led to bleeding knuckles and a hatred for martial arts. Turned out the guy was just crazy. I do enjoy doing Kenpo on P90-X but that’s the closest I’ll ever come to getting back in my karate gear. Just in case anyone is wondering, I only made it to white belt with black stripe.
12. Does your life tend to get better or worse or does it just stay the same? Life fluctuates but I guess if I were to put it on a graph, right now it’s only getting better and better.
13. Does time really heal all wounds? Not all. I still get sad when I see my old best friend around. We are friendly to one another but it breaks my heart knowing there is no going back to the way things were.
14. How do you handle a rainy day? Usually by being ticked that it has to happen on a day I am showing houses. I feel bad that my buyers have to go out in that and I am not a fan of soggy feet. However, if I am home those days are spent watching movies and making comfort food. I don’t dare going out of the house. I melt when water hits my skin.
15. Which is worse…losing your luggage or having to sort out tangled holiday lights? Losing your luggage. Gimme that tangled ball of lights.
16. How is (or was) your relationship with your parents? Amazing! The other day I spent 12 hours in the car with them on the way to Atlanta to audition for Family Feud. The trip was peaceful. We laughed so much. And when we actually got to Atlanta, we beasted the auditions together. My parents are my heroes. I wouldn’t be where I am today without their guidance and infinite support.
17. Do you tend to be aware of what is going on around you? Not aware enough. But when it comes to work, yes, I am Spiderman.
18. What is the truest thing that you know? You only get one time around. Make it good.
19. What did you want to be when you grew up? I wanted to be an actress. I still act every now and then but you grow up and you realize your dreams have a price. I came to the understanding that I was going to have to give up being a wife and a mother for much longer than I ever would want to. I would also have to give up making money. I like making money. So I made a choice.
20. Have you ever been given a second chance? Yes hasn’t everyone?
21. Are you more of a giver or a taker? This is a tricky question because I would obviously say I am a giver. But I am also a taker. That tends to have a negative connotation. I have always liked the quote from Hamlet “Neither a borrow nor a lender be.” I give but I have learned not to receive anything in return. I take but I always say thank you and many times I pay them back somehow.
22. Do you make your decisions with an open heart/mind? I always have a Plan B when it comes to decisions. I keep an open mind but in the end I am closing it off enough to keep a positive attitude for Plan A to succeed.
23. What is the most physically painful thing that has ever happened to you? Physically painful? I have been lucky. I think the closest thing is the time I began choking on my own spit. I have never actually choke choked, just only by myself. But the pain and panic I felt was unbearable. I am a wuss.
24. What is the most emotionally painful thing that has ever happened to you? My Papa dying. The day he unexpectedly died was literally the worst day of my life.
25. Who have you hugged today? My Tim. Hugs from him make me feel whole.
Feel free to steal this survey and then copy me on it in the comments. I love to learn about my readers.