As the week comes to a close, and my Cure tasks for the week wind down, I am majorly looking forward to the weekend ahead now that the heavy lifting is done and I can actually enjoy my home as well as focus in on the kitchen renovation a little bit.
- Find a new recipe and cook one meal at home. I love to cook, so when I got this more than welcome assignment, I was already up on Pinterest looking for a new recipe to try out with Tim. I am fortunate enough to have a boyfriend who likes to cook as much as I do, and we regularly have dinner at his place every Sunday night. But I wanted to cook with him at my house on Monday. However, with Monday being the busiest day of the week for me, I chose to go with the Crock Pot method for dinner.
This recipe and image I found at A Healthy Makeover:
1. Add the beef, onion, mushrooms and garlic to the slow cooker.
2. Sprinkle with salt and pepper
3. In a separate bowl mix the flour, mustard, and beef broth together
4. Pour over the beef mixture and stir everything together.
5. Set temp to high for one hour, then reduce to low for 4-5 hours. Or just set on low from the start – your choice! ( I went with low for the all day simmer)
6. After allotted time, turn the slow cooker off, remove the lid and then add the sour cream and stir well.
7. Follow box instructions for the pasta and serve the stroganoff on top – YUM!
This recipe was great, filled Tim and I up, and I had enough for dinner on Tuesday night.
- Choose the date for your housewarming. This is more of an accountability tool than everything. Anyone who truly knows me knows how much I love to throw parties and gatherings at my house. It is small, but the door is always open. Now that I am well on my way to giving my home a total overhaul, it’s time I held myself to the plan by having a re-housewarming party so a few close friends can see my progress and check out what my dream home is really like after years of compromising. I have 8 weeks to get my condo in tip top shape. I have a lot of hustling to do.
Tick-tock. The clock is ticking. I am off!